As illustrated in the organizational diagram below, the Center Director, Gitte Moos Knudsen has the overall responsibility for meeting the milestones within BrainDrugs, including the financial and reporting responsibility.
The Executive Board (EB) consists of seven senior scientists that will oversee and review the progress of the work and make all relevant strategic decisions. The EB will gather physically at least once yearly, at the annual meeting, and will have audiovisual conferences in-between. The board is composed to broadly ensure coverage of most of the disciplines exerted in BrainDrugs:
- Gitte Moos Knudsen, MD, DMSc. PI of BrainDrugs. Chairperson at NRU, Rigshospitalet. Neurologist with research focus on translational neurobiology and neuropharmacology. Director of The Innovation Fund Denmark funded Center for Experimental Medicine Neuropharmacology (www.neuropharm.eu) and president for the European College of Neuropharmacology (ECNP). Professor Knudsen will be overall responsible for BrainDrugs, including the financial and reporting responsibility, and she will be assisted by administrative staff to cover daily administration as well as financial and legal aspects of BrainDrugs.
- Søren Brunak, PhD. Professor of Disease Systems Biology at the University of Copenhagen and professor of Bioinformatics at the Technical University of Denmark. He has expertise within bioinformatics, systems biology and medical informatics.
- Ida Hageman, MD, DMSc. Assistant Director at Mental Health Services, Capital Region of Denmark. Her scientific interest is in major depression and in translational research and clinical research into affective disorders.
- Vibe G. Frøkjær, MD, PhD. Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen and Neurobiology Research Unit, Rigshsopitalet. Her scientific interest is the influence hormonal changes on mental health, major depression and in translational research and clinical research into affective disorders.
- Lars H. Pinborg, MD, DMSc. Lundbeck Foundation associate professor in precision medicine, University of Copenhagen. He is in charge of the Epilepsy Clinic at RH and his scientific focus area includes clinical epileptology, molecular and structural neuroimaging, drug resistance in epilepsy, and epilepsy surgery.
- Thomas Werge, PhD. Professor at Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen and Director of Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Mental Health Services, Capital Region of Denmark. He has expertise within precision psychiatry, neurogenetics, translational psychiatry, and translational genomics.
- Leif Østergaard, MD, DMSc. Professor at Department of Neuroradiology at Aarhus University and Director of Center of Functionally Integrated Neuroscience (CFIN) and MINDLab, Aarhus University. His main research area is neuroimaging in humans and it involves modeling and development of methods.